The last 4 withdrawals from my PayPal account did not go to my bank account.

JanStindl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm new on the forum, although I've been using PayPal for 13 years. I've never had a problem with PayPal, but my last 4 withdrawals from my PayPal account didn't go to my bank account. Although I received confirmation from PayPal that the payment went through. The oldest withdraw was on October 11, i.e. 14 days ago. I called to the bank and they assured me that the problem must be on the side of PayPal or the payment gateway. I tried to solve it on PayPal through the "resolution center", but there they wrote to me without any explanation that it was not an unauthorized transaction and that the case is closed... I have no idea what to do. The money disappeared from my PayPal account but didn't reach my to bank account...

Login to Me Too
156 REPLIES 156

shajby
Contributor
Contributor

Even more people are reporting the same issue here [Removed] Edit: why the link has been removed? If you want to see other people complaining then check out forum on fotobanky cz

Login to Me Too

eveningsailor
Contributor
Contributor

Spoiler

Just providing some info statement from Komercni banka based on written / helpline communication. Sorry for my messy translation.
It´s useless to repeat that tale about missing prefix, everyone reading the whole thread will understand when prefix is missing then bank account number will appear as nonexistent and bank system will automatically send funds back to it´s sender they appear to have unknown recipient.

- PayPal is not a bank institution and it has it´s own private partnership with banks providing withdrawal to its clients
- Banks are not responsible for any kind of loss / incomplete commands coming from PayPal side.
- Banks as a receiver of a transaction is unable to affect or trace any kind of funds coming from PayPal, they only receive funds!
- Komercni banka has not been contacted by PayPal yet

This is in PayPal conditions about withdrawals which is kinda important to know for defense :

"We automatically cancel pending or unclaimed payments after 30 days and send the money back to the original payment method. Refunds to bank accounts may take up to 5 business days, while refunds to credit or debit cards may take up to 30 days." 

mBank info anyone? I hope it´s obvious to everyone how small role does bank play in such cases!

Login to Me Too

hoxley
Contributor
Contributor

I think best idea is to make it public, I already found Reuters contact for that. Why Reuters? Because that is where all news grab their articles 😉 We already know what happened, and it does not fall under defamation, we have proofs. We are obligated to protect other Paypal users before Christmas.

Login to Me Too

Bingotwilight
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Hoxley 

Please let me know if you have been able to contact anyone. 

Login to Me Too

JanStindl
Contributor
Contributor

Today's message from PayPal..."I can confirm we do have technical issue with Czech PayPal withdrawals, which is under investigation now and has highest priority set.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with exact timeframes our engineering team is aware of this issue and doing their best to resolve as soon as possible."

Login to Me Too

hoxley
Contributor
Contributor

to me it seems they don't have a clue yet it's the prefix, that causes all the mess, and that it affects also 1 Norway bank and Romania. Seems support messaging is not even connected with any tech team, as many of us gave em direct information, where money are and why that happened in first place. Poor those who will have to fix and find all those unpaired payments once there's gonna be hundreds of lost transfers. We reached out here already, but imagine how much ppl just patiently waiting yet, believing the support agents, that they are waiting for tracing, and then for tracing results.

Login to Me Too

eveningsailor
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I was wondering if any of you has some  ( possibly good ) news to share.

Last night I received " one time courtesy for missing withdrawal" in worth of one of my "test" missing withdrawals in amount of 8 EUR from PayPal itself. Customer support said this has been sent to cover some chargebacks I might to pay for when I receive my payments back. Does anyone experience the same?

I´m still pretty confused.

Login to Me Too

Bingotwilight
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All Its been a week since I posted, I have been following the other comments. I thought I would give Paypal the week to sort things as the clerk at our branch at KB in Pardubice knows about this problem. She said that a person had their money returned after 3 weeks missing. It gave me a thread of hope, but now one week on with no responses from anyone at paypal after 10 calls to the customer service explaining over and over the first 3 missing numbers of the bank account problem, I can predict that he must have been one of the first where it occured and it was corrected. Then as 100s of transfers were bounced back to the Unicredit account for Paypal, they just threw their hands up in the air and went dark on us. No one really knows what they are doing, but they have to know there is possibly millions of Kc sitting mysteriously with no owners. They can't legally keep it as they have no expalination how they earned it. Maybe IT folks are working on it?  Again no one knows as Paypal is staying very quiet. They believe stealth mode is the better crisis management response than coming out to customers that there's a problem in Paypal's system. 

Login to Me Too

shajby
Contributor
Contributor

Some people from the other community forum are saying that they already got their money back on a paypal account, so hopefully we ALL get our money back! I just talked to mBank again and they started tracing my transaction today, so let's see. If you want to do the same, just login to mBank account and use a CHAT option. Then you can tell them you are missing a transaction with some more info and they will initiate a tracing. Good luck!

Login to Me Too

eveningsailor
Contributor
Contributor

It was the only one person so far who got the luck to get official statement from their bank. One of whole bunch of affected people.

It seems like PayPal refuse to help you out unless the bank will give you the statement of returned payment to sender. It looks like 90% of affected folks don´t even get the chance to receive it so because majority is Komercni banka users. Some KB  representatives would tell you they can´t locate the payment and you have to contact only PayPal so it´s very complicated situation where it looks like help comes from very random cases.

Very sad 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.