Sorry, we can’t link your bank account right now.

Fouaad
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to link a new bank account to my Paypal personel account, but it gives me this error message: "Sorry, we can't link your bank account right now".

All the bank account information is correct, it is even at the same bank my previously linked account is.

So all the money is stuck and I can't run my business, as its limits my cashflow drastically.

I tried to contact Paypal via Phone multiple times, but unfortunately there is no phone support due to covid.

This is completely reasonable, however some support via chat or email would be great.

Because via Email I only get the same canned, automatic answers. And if I actually get a real person replying to me, they just tell me to wait a few days and try again, or adding another bank account.

It feels like I am completely stuck and helpless, nobody really seems to care or wants to help resolving this issue.

I Kindly would like to ask PayPal to at least improve their email/chat support for as long as they don't have the phone support.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fouaad 

Did you remove it from your previous paypal account before you closed it (if you did).

Have you linked that bank account to any paypal account 3 times in that banks lifetime yet?

Have you had a failed bank transfer or negative balance on the old account at all causing the bank to be auto removed?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Fouaad
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to link a new bank account to my Paypal personel account, but it gives me this error message: "Sorry, we can't link your bank account right now".

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Fouaad,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post.

I am sorry to know that you're unable to link your bank account. Sometimes, our security program considers a variety of factors at each transaction/activity to keep you safe. Any activity can often be blocked or declined if we detect any unusual or suspicious activity or not safe for your account in the future. In this case, please try again after a couple of hours. If you still face the same issue, check if you have any notification about the account status in the resolution center and complete the process. Kindly reach out to our customer support team via the contact options available on our website to know the reason for the issue so that our advisors can assist you accordingly.

I hope this helps.
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.