Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time Please return to the merchant.

Pyrex_
Contributor
Contributor

I keep trying to get something off a website and when i log in and im ready to pay i keep getting this message 

Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time
Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay.

and plus ive tried doing this 
  1. Log into your PayPal Account
  2. Click ‘Profile’
  3. Click ‘More Options’
  4. Select ‘My Selling Tools’
  5. Click ‘Block Payments’
  6. Under the Payment Receiving Preferences, find the “Block payments from users who:” section
  7. Uncheck the “Initiate payments from the Pay Anyone subtab of the Send Money tab” option
  8. Click ‘Save’

but i never see the option "

1. Uncheck the “Initiate payments from the Pay Anyone subtab of the Send Money tab” option"
Login to Me Too
127 REPLIES 127

Phillip777

Made a payment 3 weeks ago. Everything fine.

Want to make a payment today, this error. What's wrong?

Login to Me Too

EmberQuill
New Community Member

I had the same issue trying to use my bank as a funding source for making payments. Used my credit card instead and it worked perfectly. I previously used my bank account for a different payment and that went through fine (although admittedly it was stuck in Pending for nearly a week first, and originally failed when I attempted to use my credit card, which is why I even switched to using my bank in the first place). This is the first time in several years of using PayPal that I've had such frequent and long-lasting issues with making payments.

Is it an international transaction? No

What country are you in? USA

What funding sources do you have linked to your paypal account? Bank, Credit Card

What funding source are you trying to use? Bank

Are all your funding sources confirmed? Yes

Is your email address confirmed? Yes

Is this a recent problem or are you a new user? Recent problem, not a new user

EDIT: Just to add, I have been using both bank and credit card funding sources without serious issues for years now, so it's probably not a problem with my bank.

Login to Me Too

Gerike
New Community Member

25.12.17 Still the same **bleep**. Sometimes I can purchase w pp and sometimes not.

Login to Me Too

PiggyIsBoss
Contributor
Contributor

That Didn't work  for me nothing works pls help me

Login to Me Too

S0da
Contributor
Contributor

Is it an international transaction? Yes

What country are you in? Lithuania

What funding sources do you have linked to your paypal account? MasterCard

What funding source are you trying to use? PayPal balance

Are all your funding sources confirmed? Yes

Is your email address confirmed? Yes

Is this a recent problem or are you a new user? Old user

Login to Me Too

Yeaitsthatguyyy
Contributor
Contributor

Is it an international transaction? NO
What country are you in?SOUTH AMERICA 
What funding sources do you have linked to your paypal account?NOTHING
What funding source are you trying to use?PAYPAL MONEY I GOT IN MY ACC
Are all your funding sources confirmed?YES
Is your email address confirmed?YES
Is this a recent problem or are you a new user?NO PROBLEM BESIDES THIS IS ONE

NOT WORKING ON ANY SITE I TRY TO BUY A 15 APPLE CARD OFF OF EVEN THE OFFICIAL PAYPAL CARD WEBSITE

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yeaitsthatguyyy

You can't have your funding sources 'confirmed' if you have no funding sources added.

Paypal won't let you use funds in your paypal account 'balance' until you have verified that account with a back up debit or credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

joey14
Contributor
Contributor

I could buy things yesterday with 100 and i have 80 left. ever since yesterday i have been getting the same exact messages for every single website this is killing me please!

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Ashley

Hi everybody, 

Thanks for stopping by the PayPal Community. We know it can be super frustrating to run into issues at checkout or to see error messages when using Send Money. 

Payment issues can happen for a variety of reasons, and without being able to look into the specifics of each individual transaction, it's difficult to determine what could be the root cause of the errors. 

We would recommend reviewing these common payment issues and troubleshooting tips to try to resolve the payment errors. If the suggestions given don't alleviate the problem, you may want to reach out to customer support for further investigation. Customer support can be reached by clicking "Help & Contact" on the PayPal website, @AskPayPal on Twitter or the PayPal Facebook page.  

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Betis
Contributor
Contributor
Hello,I am in Germany and trying to add the payment method in Iphone, I can do it by putting Paypal only, because I got Maestro card from Sparkasse and I cannot add the card like that in the iphone payment method,so, when I try to login to paypal account, it always show me that message “Sorry, we can’t.........” could you help me with that? Thank you
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.