Sold Bitcoin after purchasing. Now the funds are on hold. How long will it take to be freed?

Hammthbven
New Community Member

Wanted to move my bitcoin to coinbase where i hold my other coins. But now the funds from selling are on hold. How long will it take until I get the money? Is anyone else having this problem? 

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

willrobb
New Community Member

Yes. As far as I know from the FAQs, you're supposed to wait 21 days. It is disappointing for me, because I thought I could have, spend, and send my cryptocurrency to another address, but Paypal wants you to hold it here on their site if you buy it from them. And the only way to use it is to sell it back to them. So I sold it back, and anticipate waiting the 21 days which isn't good for me as I want to purchase the bitcoin again someplace else, but meanwhile the price of bitcoin is going up, and Paypal has charged me buying and selling fees in the tens of dollars. It's kind of dumb and probably intended for the naive newcomers who would not know how to send bitcoin to another address or how to spend it yet. They should call it a crypto investing account or something instead of just, "buy crypto from us".

Login to Me Too

Cndyflp
Contributor
Contributor
Dealing with the same bills but.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.