Sofort payment

Hypo93
Contributor
Contributor
I made a payment to a website which was accidentally through sofort. The seller did not receive the payment however it has left my bank and PayPal are claiming they have no confirmation of this payment. What will happen to the money I have contacted sofort and they have said it is down to PayPal.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Alessa

Hello @Hypo93,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I am sorry to hear that you are having a negative experience with a recent transaction. When a payment is processed through PayPal, a confirmation email is sent once the payment is completed. The confirmation email will include a transaction ID. The transaction ID can be used to locate the payment within the PayPal system. If a PayPal teammate can locate the payment a dispute may be created. If you have not received the confirmation email or transaction ID details, you may be able to dispute the charge outside of PayPal. On occasion, the bank may be able to assist you with disputing the charge further. 

Thank you again for reaching out on the PayPal Community Forum, I hope the information provided is able to assist with your concerns.

- Alessandra

If you find this or any other post was helpful, to make our community better please feel free to give kudos or accepting the answer as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.