Sent payment to friend, it shows on hold at their end.. how do I resolve this ???

manubaidwan1987
New Community Member
I sent payment to a friend, we both have personal accounts, however on their end it shows it on hold and on my end it show’s processed and completed… How can they get the payment off hold ???
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Madhubala1
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @manubaidwan1987 

I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with the hold payment. There might be a chance you would have processed this payment under goods/services instead of friends/family. Usually, once the payment is marked as hold, it will get released automatically after 21 days. Sometimes it will get released sooner if the sender confirms the payment receipt. You can CLICK HERE and check how to confirm the payment receipt from your end. You can also share the below link with the recipient. CLICK HERE and check why the payment gets placed on hold, and please CLICK HERE and check how to get the hold payment released.

I hope this helps.
Madhubala1

Login to Me Too

Bobby20_02
A payment was sent to me via family and friends but it’s on hold.. I have a personal account and this isn’t the first time the person is sending me money. How do I resolve it?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Bobby20_02

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I understand your concern about receiving money via Friend and family is on hold and I know how important it is to have funds at the right time. Please note that every transaction that goes through PayPal is subjected to a review and hold. If there is any issue detected by our system, it will be on hold until further review has been completed. PayPal reviews the payment and either clear or reverse it. The review process usually takes less than 24 hours, although this time frame can extend to 72 hours. I request you to allow some more time for the system to complete the review. If there are no issues found, the funds will be released, normally after the review. If not, you may reach out to our Customer Support team through the available contact options on our website. Support is also available through Facebook private messages or Twitter direct messages. 

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.