Seeking advice on seller not responding to emails after issues with purchase.

STHB
Contributor
Contributor

Original Title that paypal kept saying is not good enough; Seeking advice; purchased computer chair through company using Paypal - chair is abysmal, customer support is ignoring emails.

Greetings,

I seek advice on how to deal with this situation; I bought a computer chair from a certain company (not sure if allowed to say) and I'm having a hard time finding their return policy & QA. I bought & received the chair a last week, and it hurts my back very quickly (unusable), so I have reached out to their customer support by email (as they instruct if you have issues with their products), they have since ghosted me (4 days no reply). The transaction was done via Paypal, what do you suggest? I am afraid that if I go on too long without action, that the window where I can get some of my money back might close.

Cheers,

SHB

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@STHB 

You can try a dispute as per link?
https://www.paypal.com/cshelp/article/how-do-i-open-a-dispute-with-a-seller-HELP160

However items have to be 'significantly' not as described for you to win, and the chair being as described but uncomfortable to you may not be considered that. Equally if you win the onus would be on you to return the chair back to the seller with tracking to prove delivery before you got a refund (wait for paypal to tell you to do that before sending as it only applied if you win).

You could also consider doing a credit card chargeback 'if' you funded your paypal payment via a credit card?

Lastly if you bought within your own country do you have a small claims court you could privately file against the seller with? Although again if the item was as described and its just buyer remorse again you may not win.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

STHB
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply - I appreciate the tips.

I have not yet decided on what to do & will give them a bit more time, but it seems like working through my Credit Card/bank for a charge-back with proper evidence of them not reaching back out/providing customer service would be an easier solution if it comes to that.

I definitely don't care enough to go to a small courts claim, and Paypal is always a lengthy coinflip when it comes to disputes - but you bring a good point, the product is as advertised - it just sucks lol.

Cheers!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.