Releasing funds for sales of digital products or donations.

Promethea
Contributor
Contributor

I've had my account for quite some time, but only now I've started receiving payments through Ko-Fi.

On there I'm going to be selling digital goods. I understand I have to mark them as "order processed" and they have to confirm they got the goods in order to release the funds. That's annoying when it's through a platform where the digital goods are instantly available for download, but I get it.

But now I got donations from a mutual aid request I made, and in the future I'm also going to be getting donations to support a video channel. Is there no way to handle these without the sender getting an email that sounds there has been a commercial exchange? I imagine that will be confusing for them.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Promethea 

Welcome to the PayPal Help Community and thanks for posting here!

I understand your concern about the payment holds in your account. Funds received through the payment types like donate button/PayPal Fundraisers are called as Donations and the money goes directly into the PayPal account. Funds received through other products or services are subjected to standard 21 days hold. Delaying funds availability is a common industry practice we implement to help ensure the secure use of PayPal by both buyers and sellers. You can find more information about payment payment holds and the speed up process here :

Why is my payment on hold or unavailable?
How can I release my payments on hold?

Hope this information helps,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Promethea
Contributor
Contributor
Are you saying I shouldn't mark them as "order processed" because it won't make a difference? The documentation makes it seem as if there was a way to release the funds sooner if there was no sale of physical goods.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.