Refund to closed bank account

Riamp
Contributor
Contributor

So I paid for a dance camp in October of 2022. It was held in January of 2023 and I ended up being sick. the organizers (who have busy lives and do this for fun) refunded me $135  - I was duly notified by PayPal BUT it went to my old bank. I had changed banks at the beginning of January. I emailed the organizers once about it but not hearing back decided to wait until they were organizing the next event. Sure enough when I pinged them for the missing money (I had assumed it reverted to them) they provided documentation that they had sent it. Neither the original transaction nor the refund are in my PayPal account. I'm guessing I did a direct transfer when I paid through the organizer's PayPal portal and never logged in? I can't get past the AI bots in Chat or on the phone to figure out how to get my money back! Any one have some help?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Riamp 

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and didn't log into your Paypal account then of course it won't show on that Paypal account because you bought as a guest buyer.

Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will help you.
Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a private direct message via Social Media on Facebook, Twitter/X, or Instagram pages.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Riamp
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried chat and phone! Both are answered by bots who won't understand the issue. I've tried having it the query sent by the bot to an agent. I'm using the Community because it seems the only way to find a person!  I can try FB - I don't want to go into Twitter. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Riamp 

If you get the bot on the phone then just say ''agent'' a few times and you should get through.   🤞

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.