Refund pending but money withdrawn from seller

irac
Contributor
Contributor

I have received a partial refund from a seller on August 26th and the status is still "refund pending". The money has been withdrawn from the seller's bank account on August 26th and I still haven't received it. Paypal is holding it for some reason and doing business with it, letting me wait without a reason. I contacted the customer support twice and keep getting those automatic replies with aren't helpful at all. Is there a way to contact these people and finally getting my mones back?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@irac 

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.

1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process.....goes via electronic transfer (slower but cheaper which is why its used) and takes 5-7 working days as an echeque.

2. You funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/i-want-a-refund

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.