Refund not showing in Paypal balance?

Lex89
Contributor
Contributor

I got a refund and a mail by Paypal saying that "i got money" and the sum should be available on my Paypal balance, however I only see a pro forma invoice regarding the refund and the balance is zero. Can anyone help me out?

I did the payment with a credit card and I did not have a Paypal account when I did the payment, so basically did it as a guest. In the meantime I created a Paypal account and today I got the email that the refund should be available on my Paypal balance. Not only it's not there but I thought I would get the refund on my credit card as it was the original payment method. Can anyone help me out?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lex89 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account. Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).

https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lex89
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks. But why did I get the confirmation mail then that it was credited to my Paypal account? And why does it show under the history in my Paypal account? Yet the balance still says zero.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lex89 

Always says its gone back to your paypal account but what they mean its been credited to your paypal account and then transferred back to whichever funding source you used. If you used a card it would and could only go back to that card. Give it a few days and then check your card statement.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lex89
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass I contacted Paypal via chat and they don't seem to be very helpful... Finally someone said that the refund was sent to my credit card. So I contacted my bank and they said they don't see any refund. How is that possible? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lex89 

Re-read the last sentence in my first reply to you again!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.