Refund not received

Indkraft
Contributor
Contributor
Hi on 23/7/23 refund was initiated by the merchant the transaction shows completed but money still not rolled back to my credit card can’t raise a dispute too at PayPal site , the credit card company says no refund received , PayPal should share details of refund to the credit card , if refunds take so much time will loose faith on services of PayPal
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Mujahid7
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Indkraft 

Welcome to the PayPal community! It's unfortunate to hear that you have not received your refund yet and I know how concerning this could be for you. Typically, how your money is refunded depends on how the payment was sent. Basically, whether the card is connected or not, payments made with a credit card will be reimbursed to that card.

The refund time frame is 2–5 business days but can take up to 30 days (about 4 and a half weeks) depending on your card company. Bank-funded payments are ultimately returned to the bank, and PayPal balance payments are refunded to your balance. Please allow 5 working days for the refund to be completed. 

If you're still running into issues after that, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Support teams by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page.   

I hope that helps!  

- Mujahid 

Login to Me Too

Indkraft
Contributor
Contributor

hello,

Thanks for your msg the Credit Card from which the money was paid is linked to the account so the money needs to be refunded to the same

credit card and should have rolled back in 4/5 days, its been 45 days there is no clue of refund and fail to understand we cannot raise a claim to PayPal.

Once PayPal is refunding us the money they need to make sure that it rolls backs to our credit card in timely manner pls.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.