Pending

MATPOSKNH
Contributor
Contributor

Every month I receive a money transfer from the same person. Every time, it's instantaneous. But this month the transfer has been stuck in the "pending" status. How long do I have to wait and what is this pending status?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MATPOSKNH 

Friends/family 'gift' payments are randomly reviewed by paypal to make sure that the recipient is not using that option to receive payments for selling items or services. Normally its pending for 24-48 hours.

OR it also goes into a pending status if the sender has 'funded' the payment via a bank account, as its a gift payment paypal don't credit you upfront, with f/f payments its you that has to take the wait for the echeque to clear 5-7 days. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MATPOSKNH
Contributor
Contributor
48 Hours left, but it's still "pending"
Login to Me Too

MATPOSKNH
Contributor
Contributor
48 Hours left, but it's still "pending"
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @MATPOSKNH,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting! Thanks for the information @kernowlass.

I understand your concern about receiving payment and I know how important it is to have funds at the right time. Please note that every transaction that goes through PayPal is subjected to a review and hold. If there is any issue detected by our system, it will be on hold until further review has been completed. We review the payment and either clear or reverse it. The review process usually takes less than 24 hours, although this time frame can extend to 72 hours. I request you to allow some more time for the system to complete the review. If there are no issues found, the funds will be credited to you account or it will be reversed back to the sender. If not, you can reach out to our customer support team through the available contact options on our website so that our representatives can review and help you accordingly.

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

MATPOSKNH
Contributor
Contributor
Today is 08.11, transaction was in 08.05, so it's 6 days or 144 hours, not 24 and not 72
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @MATPOSKNH

I'm sorry to hear that the transaction is still listed as pending beyond the time listed above. To inquire about the transaction, please contact Customer Service. The contact options can be found at the link in the above post, or by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal site.

I hope this can be resolved quickly for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.