Paypal pop up window in Ebay - not working - can not pay

sziranyib
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

I am struggling to pay an item (or any items) on Ebay with Paypal.

I do what I normally, follow the process, click on buy it now --> checkout --> payment option - Paypal --> Pop up window comes up (Paypal site) --> I log in with my paypal credentials. THe problem comes here. Normally it just opens my paypal account I click on PAY and I am done. 

What happens now is that it says "please add a credit / debit card so you can pay". First I already had a card linked to my account. 2nd even if I try to add it and click on ADD - its doing nothing...

Any ideas? 🙂

Cheers,

Balazs

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sziranyib
Contributor
Contributor
It has been sorted. I made a couple of more calls with PayPal and Ebay too. Finally it came out that the LISTING was faulty so the issue was neither with PayPal or Ebay but the seller listed it incorrectly so anytime I wanted to pay the process stuck. Ebay customer service was very helpful we tried out several things and finally they advised to find the same product different seller and it worked. After they checked the original listing I wanted to purchase and there was a backed issue with it!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sziranyib 

It is asking for a back up payment method. You can add a card or Click Change or whatever it is at the top of that screen to select a linked card as back up payment. Read the fine print carefully if you select your linked card.

Once you select your back up and complete payment, go to the payment transaction and you will see "Paid by [preferred method] Backed by Card XXXX".

When the payment is captured by the merchant, it will say "Paid by [preferred method]" in a couple days if your preferred payment method has enough to cover the entire purchase. If you don't have enough it will mention the back up payment method, like so: "Paid by [preferred method] Backed by Card XXXX"

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sziranyib
Contributor
Contributor
It's not working. I have the below screen when I choose PayPal from payment methon in Ebay. Normally as I said I give my paypal credentials and it automatically does the transfer. However all I get is a form asking to populate card details. BUT even if I populate them and click to ADD nothing happens. Is this a bug ? Using ebay & paypal for over 10 years never had any problems.
Login to Me Too
Solved

sziranyib
Contributor
Contributor
It has been sorted. I made a couple of more calls with PayPal and Ebay too. Finally it came out that the LISTING was faulty so the issue was neither with PayPal or Ebay but the seller listed it incorrectly so anytime I wanted to pay the process stuck. Ebay customer service was very helpful we tried out several things and finally they advised to find the same product different seller and it worked. After they checked the original listing I wanted to purchase and there was a backed issue with it!
Login to Me Too

shaldeman

I have the same issue.  Paypal support person essentially said you won't be able to use Paypal.  Ugh!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.