Paypal holding of funds for my protection

PickleGuy
Contributor
Contributor

Today after years of selling on my site, I had 2 order's funds put on hold. I sell on ebay, amazon and my site and have no negative events and 100% feedback everywhere.

I called paypal support and was told that they will hold the funds until 1 day after delivery to protect me from charge-back.

I was then told that I could ask the customer to release the funds which is not the case as the customer released them when he hit the complete sale button.

SO the bottom line is Paypal is requiring me to supply the product, and pay for shipping and aill gladly hold the customer's funds during this time under the guise of "protecting me"

I call BS!

First for paypal to out of the blue and with no explanation they have labeled and treating me like a crook and a potential thief.

Second their holding of the funds and suggesting me to contact the customer to "release" the funds , makes me AND paypal look like a third rate outfit.

I asked the representative if all of us are being treated like this this and she said pretty much and it was in the usage amendments.

All I can say is it is time for me to accept credit cards on my own. They made a great promotion about Instant funds and from that went to hold my money until delivery.

By the way I have paypal credit account and ample funds to cover the small purchases in question. They have my history and this is very rude, unprofessional and crooked as well!

Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.