Paypal GOODS AND SERVICES

Shonkss
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all;

I was going to sell some goods to a US citizen (I'm from Belgium).

He paid me €225 for it, it had €12.48 as costs so the amount I'd receive would be €212.52.

As we canceled the deal no items have been sent and I chose the 'pay back' option within the original transaction.

Which means I now repaid the buyer the amount of €225.

Since the money was pending (as it was a goods and services transfer) will the 'pay back' I did cancel out the amount the buyer sent me? 

Or will there be €225 deducted from my bank account? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Shonkss

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I understand you'd like to refund a buyer and are curious how the refund will be processed. When initiating a refund, the fee is not canceled. Therefore, you'd need to have the full balance in your PayPal account, including the previously deducted fee. If you don't, the refund will be processed through your bank for the full amount of €225. To prevent that, I recommend adding the €12.48 to your balance, if needed, and then sending the refund. With the links I've included, you can learn how to add money and initiate a refund through our Help Center. 

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Shonkss
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Meghan,

The thing is, the balance was never available to me on paypal it had the status 'locked'.

So I refunded based off of that.

Kind regards.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.