Payment declined, bank have money as pending debit card transaction

slgsue
Contributor
Contributor
I tried to make a debit card payment via PayPal to TUI for a lot of money. The transaction was declined and TUI asked for an alternative payment. I checked the account linked the debit card and in my pending transactions it has the amount showing in there and no longer available for me to spend. TUI have not completed my booking, PayPal say my card issuer declined the transaction and the bank say PayPal have put a hold on the money and they can't release it. How can I get my money back and not wait 7 working days. It is over £3000 which we saved for a long time for.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martin

Hi @sigsue

Welcome to our Community!

Normally in such a situation if the payment attempt was denied the authorization captured or requested is released within 24 hours. It would seem this has not been communicated correctly to your bank. I would suggest you contact our support to get the authorization code or reference number which you can pass to your bank to cancel the hold on the payment. 

Unfortunately, we cannot take any direct action on accounts or provide specific information through contacts on this platform for data protection reasons.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.