Payment Account

TheCaptain90
Contributor
Contributor

I have my Paypal Account set up that if there are no funds in the actual Paypal account the funds come firstly out of a bank account and if their are no funds in the bank account the payment comes out of my Mastercard Account. Lately when making a purchase the payment is coming immediately out of my Mastercard even though there are ample funds in the bank account.

I have checked my settings and the bank account is definitely set as my preferred payment option.

Any help in getting Paypal to take the payment from my bank account would be appreciated. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TheCaptain90 

If  you have a failed bank transfer or negative balance leading to paypal having to use your back up master card then the bank account is often auto disabled for use by paypal and you can only use a card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TheCaptain90
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply. Have never had a failed transaction as if there is insufficient in the bank account my alternate account (Mastercard) always has funds available. If the bank account was auto disabled, how do I get this undone. It is strange that on my Paypal Account it states my bank account is the preferred method however.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.