Paying with PayPal ABA routing and account number

amykins82
Contributor
Contributor

I see that I can use the assigned ABA routing and account number for direct deposit purposes, 

does it also work for bill payments? For example, if I am trying to pay my Capital One credit card bill, can I add the ABA routing number and account number as the bank information and the payment would process and be deducted from my PayPal balance? 

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No, it is only for direct deposits from certain payors, not for you to do payouts such as bill payment. If you want to pay a bill, use the Money Gram Express Payment Service through your online Account Center (fees maybe applicable) if your PayPal prepaid card is linked to your PayPal account.

No where does PayPal promote this feature of using the direct deposit aba account/routing number for payouts such as bill paying. It is for direct deposit of paychecks, tax refunds, and government benefit payments.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

randylus
Contributor
Contributor

did it work? I tried it yesterday but nothing deducted yet....

Login to Me Too

AllisynMcCluer
Contributor
Contributor
Did it ever deduct from your account, I’m having the same issue right now.
Login to Me Too

0Jl84
New Community Member
I tried doing this as well. Credit card balance says $0 but money still hasn't deducted from PayPal account.
Login to Me Too

Issy33
Contributor
Contributor
Any luck? I did this too but the money hasn’t been deducted from my PayPal balance.
Login to Me Too

CuriousPanda
Contributor
Contributor
I made a CC payment using the routing and account number as well. The money said it posted to my CC but it’s not deducted from my PP account. Anyone ever figure out what happened?
Login to Me Too

Confusedasalway
Contributor
Contributor
I tried to push my electric bill this way. They didn't get the money and charged me a returned check fee. (USA, TX)
Login to Me Too

margozee
Contributor
Contributor
I used the assigned account number/ routing number to pay my cc bill and was charged a return check fee. In addition to that fee, I was charged a late fee because the payment method was returned, and to add salt to this wound, my cc company closed my account for "FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY".....the whole process, as innocent as I thought it was, made me feel so criminal, as if I had intended to fraud, yet only intended to pay my bill with my money. And of course, paypal got their fees from me also. DONT DO IT!! ALL BAD!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.