Payapl in negative balance, even though payment was taken from bank twice.

ScottNBNP
Contributor
Contributor

I am currently $66.64 in negative balance, as you can see with my screen shots, they tried taking the money out on the 6th but were unable to, refunded on the 7th and then tried again on the 9th. All 3 transactions are there. However i am still in negative standing. I contacted Paypal, and their answer was to "wait and see" however in the mean time my bills are now being taking from my debit card instead which means constantly trying to keep up with paypal to add money to the card. 

Has this happened to anyone else? I have given up waiting and added the funds to my account manually, but by doing so will i be refunded the $66.64 or am i going to end up paying $133.28 and never seeing that $66.64 that they took on the 9th for the second time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will reply when i can as i work shift work, so might not be able to reply till like 1am in the morning. 

241675504_10165585548705453_9163181388685275385_n.jpg241733385_10165585537435453_7594920222064894241_n.jpg

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ScottNBNP 

Allow 5-7 days as it goes as an echeque.

Instant transfers are only when fund it via a card OR have a back up card linked as well.

Then paypal credit the seller upfront and paypal wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account or card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ScottNBNP 

If you have failed bank transfer then Paypal automatically keep trying to access those funds to clear your negative balance.
They have already fronted the payment to the seller on your behalf and so want the money owed.

If you sent a bank transfer to your Paypal account and Paypal also automatically applied for the funds as well then you would have 2 payments processing to your paypal balance.
The first one to arrive will clear the negative balance and the second one will be credited as a + to your balance and you can withdraw it back to your balance once cleared.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ScottNBNP
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Kernowlass, i do understand HOW the system works, that isn't what i was asking, however its now been 4 days since they took the second payment, and i am STILL in the negative, this has never happened before as the payments are usually instant, so that is why i am confused. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ScottNBNP 

Allow 5-7 days as it goes as an echeque.

Instant transfers are only when fund it via a card OR have a back up card linked as well.

Then paypal credit the seller upfront and paypal wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account or card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.