PayPal eCheck still pending

Lulubelleandme
New Community Member

Hi all, 

I recently sold something and requested payment via PayPal. The buyer transferred the money in full but it came through as an eCheck which is still 'pending'. I did some research and PayPal suggests this can be due to a few reasons. 

From what I've pieced together, the buyer did not have a visa/credit card linked to their PayPal account, and transferred the money to me directly from their bank. PayPal said it can take 3-5 days for it to clear before it's accessible to me which is fine but my main concern is:

Can the buyer just empty the account that they used so there's never money available for PayPal to deduct? And then I don't get paid? 

If so, how do I get my money!? I have their full name, what I believe is their current address and their car rego so I don't think they will do anything dodgy but I want to know if this is possible (for future transactions) as this has never happened to me before. 

Thanks for any advice you have.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Lulubelleandme,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I can certainly understand how waiting for a pending payment to clear can be concerning. It's always best to wait until an eCheck clears before providing the good or service you're selling in the remote case that it does not clear. Unfortunately, if the eCheck does not clear, PayPal would not be able to move the funds into your PayPal balance. You can read more about this here: I received an eCheck, but the payment is pending. Why?

Good luck with this and all future sales!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.