PayPal Purchase Protection Cancel/Refund

Bgarcia15
Contributor
Contributor

I just sent a payment using PayPal payment protection by mistake. Is there a way to cancel payment protection and receive a refund for the fee or submit the fee to the receiver as payment?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bgarcia15 

You don't send and select buyer protection, its a given if you send a payment for goods or services.

The only time you don't get buyer protection is if you send a payment via the friends and family option ie a gift payment.

However its against paypal rules to send or accept payments as a seller or buyer using the friends/family option and if you do then you risk an account limitation so be careful. 

A fee is not returned as part of any refund unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bgarcia15 

You don't send and select buyer protection, its a given if you send a payment for goods or services.

The only time you don't get buyer protection is if you send a payment via the friends and family option ie a gift payment.

However its against paypal rules to send or accept payments as a seller or buyer using the friends/family option and if you do then you risk an account limitation so be careful. 

A fee is not returned as part of any refund unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.