PayPal Cashback Mastercard declined "for security reasons" from a U.K. store

TriumphRider99
New Community Member

Hi -

I just got a PayPal Cashback Mastercard with a $4000 line of which almost all is unencumbered.

I attempted to use it to purchase an (approximate) 800 pound (British pounds) bass guitar from a legit. brick and mortar store in the U.K. called The Bass Centre.

At first, I used their webform to enter the credit card info. The transaction was immediately rejected "for security reasons." The Bass Centre was absolutely no help, blaming it on PayPal. I contacted PayPal four different times and got the same exact answer each time. According to PayPal or Synchrony Bank, there is absolutely NO RECORD of the denial or even of the transaction attempt itself. If indeed the problem was at "my" end of the transaction, it seems that someone at PayPal or Synchrony would have known.

I went so far as to give my credit card info to the people at the Bass Centre so they could run the card manually through their payment portal in the U.K. and the same exact thing happened - denied for security reasons. PayPal and Synchrony still do not have any information about the transaction or the denial.

I have asked the Bass Centre people to look into this, but they have not been extremely helpful so I am about to give up.

Does anyone here have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Bud

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.