My “cash a check” feature isn’t working.

Rlhurd
New Community Member
I’ve cash several checks on PayPal, but now when I select the “cash a check” button it just shows the little circle spinning.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

CrazyIvan19
Contributor
Contributor

I was having the same issue for a few days, and I found a solution. It's not straightforward, but it does work.

The company that provides the check cashing service is Ingo Money, and they have their own app (both Android and iOS). You can cash the check directly to your PayPal account with the same methods you are used to (in minutes with a fee, or free if you can wait 10 days). There was only one slight catch in that PayPal sets up an account on your behalf if you have ever cashed a check on the PayPal app in the past, so when you try and register a new account with the Ingo Money app, it says that your account already exists.

I called customer service, waited on hold for ~10 minutes, but verified that I had an account and had a temporary password issued. I put that into the app, and it all worked perfectly from there. I was able to scan in my check like usual, paid the fee, and had the money in my PayPal account without issue.

So all in all, it's a pretty easy workaround. The only "hard" part is waiting for Ingo Money customer service to answer their phone. And for reference, the phone number to call for Ingo i[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.