Money is on hold, but i need it to pay the shipments and there is no carrier i can contact?

MustardMouse
Contributor
Contributor

I recently opened a store on BigCartel, to sell a few charms in a "preorder" setting, where customers are at all times told, the items will be printed and shipped all together and at the same time, in a few days after the purchase.

Everything was going fine until yesterday when Paypal started putting all new purchases on hold, asking me i provide a trusted carrier to control if the shipments have been sent to the customers or not. I understand the need of security within a community but my problems are two:

1. The money provided is for creating and later sending the merchandise, the customers know and have agreed to wait for the merchandise to be done. If a problem were to arise, I would have no trouble giving them their money back, but I need it first in order to ship the content.

2. There aren't even any "trusted shipping places" in my country where I could go to, in the case I could pay for the articles' shipping in the first place. It is strange to me the national mail office isn't listed as trusted.

Please I need help on how to solve this, I do not want all these customers to loose their merchandise. These aren't huge amounts of money, most of the money will go to shipping expenses.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Donna

Hello @MustardMouse,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

It sounds like the payments are subject to a payment hold which applies to all PayPal accounts and there is no way we can override this. If you mark the items as dispatched this will speed up the release of the holds. You will find more information regarding these holds here

-Donna

Login to Me Too

MustardMouse
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @PayPal_Donna , Thank you for replying.
I still haven't been able to sort this out. I find it a bit upsetting that this type of hold wasn't told before hand, mostly because of the problem of there being no trusted carriers where i live.
I said as you recommended, and put the orders as shipped, now there's a green label under people's shipment saying "in process". One of them also told me they marked their shipment as if it had arrived.
Despite a few days passing, the money is still on hold. Does it take more than 24hs for the money to stop being on hold? What's an estimate time for it to be released? (both for an order being marked as shipped and another as not yet shipped).
Because of this situation with the carriers, i will have to set up all orders with "no tracking", and I have set the previous customer's order the same way, with no tracking. Does this mean the payment will not be released at all? I'm only afraid because it says everywhere the payment will be released within 24hs after the product arriving.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.