Missing Payment Option/Method

XLBX1
Contributor
Contributor

Recently I wanted to make a purchase, but I got the message that I needed to add a Credit Card or Bank Card, can I circumvent that by putting more (Sufficient) money in my PayPal account? I don't want to transfer money if that doesn't fix the issue.

PS: I know this (similar) question has been asked before, but I couldn't find a clear answer.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@XLBX1 

As you have not added your country to your profile (so we can see when we hover over your username) or said in your post which country you are in then sadly can't advise.
Paypal varies a great deal country to country so you need to tell us where you are on this worldwide community forum.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

XLBX1
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlassThank you for your reply, I found the answer...

A previous purchase vaguely reminded me about changing my primary currency, not sure what the reason was, but since my primary currency is set to euro and I had to pay in British pound I went to my wallet to change my primary currency, and there was the answer... "We’ll use your available balance when you shop online or send money for goods and services.
If you don’t have enough money in your balance, we’ll ask you to pick another payment method at checkout."

So I put enough money in my account and all went fine.

Login to Me Too

discoverer126
New Community Member

i got the same thing happened to me.  USA account. any solution?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.