Linked bank account not showing as payment method

Temp20201219g
Contributor
Contributor

I've linked my bank account and confirmed it but when I've gone to buy something through eBay it's not showing the bank account, just a debit card. I've had to set up a new PayPal account but before that I used to use the pay after delivery option but not allowing me to do that as it's not picking up my bank account.

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20201219g 

Have you had a failed bank transfer or negative balance on the other account at all 'using' that bank account?

Is the direct debit mandate still ongoing in your online banking between paypal and your bank?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20201219g
Contributor
Contributor
No, no failed bank transfer or negative balance on other account as the bank account I'm using I've never linked to my PayPal before. I haven't had the chance to try the direct debit out as I've not been given the chance to. I linked it and it's a confirmed bank account as it did the penny transfer so I could get the 4 digit PIN. Unless it's waiting for my bank to verify it?
Login to Me Too

DonRady
Contributor
Contributor
To verify your bank account, have you gone to your online banking to get the 4 digit pin code from the 1p PayPal transaction? This 4 digit code will be required on your PayPal..to verify your bank. If you have done this, then the bank account is verified. You will also have to verify email address and (recently this has been required) your mobile phone number. You can select your bank account as your preferred way to pay for items ...this can be done via going to the bank account added to your PayPal account...scrolling to the bottom of the page, then selecting it as your preferred method to pay. This may not help mind to sort your problem out, alas give it a try and then get back to me...thanks 😉
Login to Me Too

Temp20201219g
Contributor
Contributor
Well actually, everytime I've tried to verify my phone number it's failed! So maybe that's what the problem is
Login to Me Too

RandyHBH
Contributor
Contributor

Did you fix this issue?

Login to Me Too

Temp20201219g
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I did
Login to Me Too

Rickrolled
Contributor
Contributor
How did you fixed it please help me, I am stuck too.
Login to Me Too

Europa-III
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the exact same problem with a newly added bank account. My only idea as to what could be wrong, is that there's a delay between adding the bank account and actually being able to use it, maybe for security reasons, but if that's the case, it would be nice to be informed of this.

Login to Me Too

diguliu
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here but for me it seems to be random when the bank account shows up or not. I've already payed several different things online using paypal with my linked bank account but for some unknown reason it simply does not show some times. This even happened on the same online store already where I bought something there with the bank account through paypal and on the next day when I tried to purchase another thing with the same price range it just didn't show up. This is really annoying since I can't reliably use it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.