Inaccessible Refunds

EngCooper
Contributor
Contributor

Why is it so hard to get your refund back from PayPal? This is stealing money from hard-working people. I have been waiting for my refund for a month. I called PayPal who after waiting for 20 minutes just to receive an angry agent, told me I needed to contact my bank to allow the funds to go through. I did as per their instructions, nevertheless, my DB account is not blocked. I have received no meaningful help from PayPal. Just stress and other non meaningful advise from their landlines. I will advise people NOT to use PayPal. They are scamming people in the hope that refunds will not go through. PayPal needs to be taken to court and put out of business. It is stealing to make profits by making people jump through hoops to get their refund. I am still waiting for my refund.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EngCooper 

Some information would be helpful if you want advice instead of ranting.

Did you get an email to say you had been issued a refund?

Does it show in your paypal account activity?

Does it say pending or completed?

How long since the refund was issued?

Which funding source did you use to pay in the first instance debit card or bank account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

EngCooper
Contributor
Contributor
Have you received a refund email? I have received an email about the refund but there is no refund in my bank account. Does it show in your PayPal account activity? Yes, it will show refund coloured green in my PayPal account. Does it say pending or completed? It does not say anything. It just shows the refund and the amount. How long ago was the refund issued? The refund was issued in December 2023. I'm pretty sure it should be in my account by now. Technically this is not ranting, this is stating facts. If you have a solution, say it out loud. If not, then I think you need to stop cluttering up the platform with nonsense.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EngCooper 

ok, think I can guess what happened but as you have not answered all my questions then can't say for sure.

However I take your point and won't try and help you any further with my 'nonsense'.

Hope you find your refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

EngCooper
Contributor
Contributor
OK. Keep your feelings and your answer to yourself. No one is forcing you to do anything. I'm just saying something that's happened to me twice. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone. It's just me who has the courage to tell it like it is. The word needs to get out there to let people know how PayPal scams people and their services are a waste of time. They definitely need to change. Have a nice day.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.