Impossible to withdraw funds - Avoid Paypal

esafetyfirst
New Community Member

We have had a business account with Paypal for more than seven years. However, due to fees, we have stopped using Paypal for about six years now.
Recently, we started using it again as an alternative payment option.

For the past two weeks, we have tried to withdraw our funds and try withdrawals ranging from 1000 CAD to 3000 CAD (converted to local currency). 
Every time we try to withdraw, we get an error saying it's not working. We have attempted to withdraw on multiple cards, and the issue is the same. 

withdrawal doesnt work.png
If we try using the other method of transfer, it converts our funds, which are in CAD, to EURO, which is neither our country's currency. It makes no sense to force us into withdrawing them in EURO. 

I've tried reaching customer support on different occasions, and they responded with a standard AI-generated response and then closed the ticket. When you try calling Paypal, after verifying the 6-digit code provided, they disconnect your call. 

Two weeks later, after many hours spent trying to reach a real person who can help from Paypal, we can not withdraw our funds. 
I have discussed this with our lawyer, and we are considering suing PayPal over this issue, but I still want to resolve the problem and avoid such scenarios. 

As such, I am opening this ticket in the hopes that my case is documented and reaches someone who can actually help or at least be able to notify other business owners about the terrible company that PayPal is. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@esafetyfirst 

As Paypal does not support the Leu currency then it would withdraw the funds in the opening currency of your paypal account which probably would have been Euros? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.