If i send someone money in Paypal for an ebay item without going through ebay, am i covered?

Pete_1986_
New Community Member

If i send someone money in Paypal for an ebay item without officially going through ebay, am i covered? The seller doesn't want to wait for ebay to pay him in 1 to 2 weeks as he wants the money now. He has asked for a paypal payment. Am i covered by paypal if the item doesn't arrive or arrives faulty? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hello Pete_1986_, 

Thank you for reaching out to the PayPal Community. 

With PayPal, you can send money to anyone with an email address. To send money to your family or to your friends, use the feature Sending to a friend. To pay for items or services, use the feature Paying for an item or service.

You will be covered by PayPal's Buyer Protection Policy for 180 days from when a payment is made for payments sent as Goods & Services payments. PayPal offers purchase protection for cases of unauthorized use, non-receipt, and items that are significantly not as described on protected payments. 

Payments sent as Family & Friend payments or Personal Payments are not protected by PayPal's Buyer Protection Policy. 

For some information on PayPal's Buyer Protection Policy, please see: PayPal Buyer and Seller Protection | PayPal 

- Rebecca

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.