I’ve been charged twice by PayPal. How do I get my money back?

Sage_19
New Community Member
I’ve been charged twice by PayPal but the second transaction has been sitting pending authorisation in my bank as the seller already got one of my transactions and my order is complete. How do I get it back the double up payment back?? I bought online and paid through PayPal as I thought it was safer than putting my card details into a new online shopping website. Now I wish I hadn’t bothered as PayPal had tried to send my money twice. I’ve waited about a week and the second payment in my bank account obviously won’t authorise as the seller already got my payment. But how do I get that second payment that PayPal has tried to withdraw back? Does it just stay as pending authorisation too or does that expire? Very frustrating as this seems to have occurred quite a few times already but PayPal doesn’t really help you. Just says to contact seller if they could refund you, yet they don’t have it! And they didn’t request the money twice…PayPal technically stuffed up and duplicated the order or something. And there’s no phone number to ring only a automated robot to text which is not helpful.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_MariaI

Hello, @Sage_19!

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community! 

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience this situation may have caused you. Orders and authorizations typically expire in 30 days. You can also reach out to your card issuer and they will be able to release the funds for you. 

Kind regards. 

María. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.