I have been sent money in error and i am unable to contact the seller. What can I do?

Puffin664
Contributor
Contributor
I have received a payment for something that I do not recognise. This money has been sent to me in error. I am unable to contact the seller directly. Is there anything I can do? Or do I just leave it and wait for them to notice and request the money back via PayPal?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Puffin664 

As it was not your mistake then personally I would do a part refund minus the fee you were charged when they paid (if it was sent using the goods/services option and a fee was charged)? This is because if you issue a full refund the fee is not returned as part of that refund and if you don't have enough in your balance would be taken from your bank account.

You can click on the transaction and see the fee amount in that details page > then click on issue refund and put in a part or full refund dependent on if a fee was charged or not.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Puffin664 

As it was not your mistake then personally I would do a part refund minus the fee you were charged when they paid (if it was sent using the goods/services option and a fee was charged)? This is because if you issue a full refund the fee is not returned as part of that refund and if you don't have enough in your balance would be taken from your bank account.

You can click on the transaction and see the fee amount in that details page > then click on issue refund and put in a part or full refund dependent on if a fee was charged or not.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.