I do not have a US bank account. How do send money transfer money from my PayPal account?

Kakatarr
Contributor
Contributor

I live in The Gambia and have a business account that cannot be verified because I cannot provide identity documents  (Social Security Number, Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) )required for the verification. I do not have a US bank account but had linked my Local Bank Debit Card.

There is money in my Paypal account which I need to transfer but any time I tried to send the money to the debit card, it is not possible. I tried sending it to my friend but it not working.

What can I do to withdraw the money?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kakatarr 

Sadly nothing you can do as you have opened a U.S paypal account which is not allowed if you live in the Gambia.

Paypal is country specific so you have to open your own countries paypal account.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/country-worldwide

However unfortunately even if you had opened the correct Gambian account you have limitations.

The option to receive paypal payments is sadly not available in 

• Gambia

You can only send payments for purchases funded by your (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive paypal payments.

https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/residence-full

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kakatarr
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Thank you for the information.👍

I realized that it a US account when I tried to withdraw the money after making several attempts.

I just opened a Paypal Gambia account but as you said there is a restriction on receiving money. You can only send money and make online purchases.

How can I contact PayPal to transfer my money from my Paypal US account to my Paypal Gambia account? or send it to me by any means possible.

Thanks

Gibou

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kakatarr 

I doubt you would be able to receive it in a U.S account if you can't verify it, are there funds in your paypal balance in your U.S account or not?

Sadly its highly unlikely you would ever be able to access any funds even if there were, but by all means contact customer services and try.

OR your best bet is to contact the 'senders' of the payments and if the funds are unclaimed they would revert back to them at 30 days and then they could pay you via another payment processor that can receive funds in your country? 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.