I cant send payments because I dont have Credit Cards

WodGaming
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, i'm having a problem sending money to my friends or relatives because paypal requires payment option now. Before, I can send money to my friends anytime eventho I'm not linking any credit or debit card in my paypal account. When I try to send payments now, I cant click the Send Payments Now button because I think it is because I didnt add any credit cards linked to my paypal account. Tho, I have balance in my paypal account. Can you guys help me how to figure it? I still dont have any credit or debit card so is there any way to send money from paypal f2f without linking any credit card to my paypal account. Please help me, this is very urgent. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

cemarie128
Contributor
Contributor

I hit the wrong button trying to reply, I'm not also having this issue. I guess my question is, how have you had a balance on your account to send money before? Do you buy paypal gift cards? Is that a thing? 

I would assume you can't send any money if you don't have some kind of payment method attached, whether it's a debit card, credit card, or bank account. And having a card/backup payment method is necessary because if the funds you have on your paypal account don't cover whatever payment they need to be able to get the rest of it.

Login to Me Too

WodGaming
Contributor
Contributor

I guess my question is, how have you had a balance on your account to send money before?

My friends can send payments to me thats why I have balance on my paypal account. I can receive balance but I can send it to any of my relatives or friends. 😞 Sending money without credit card or bank account linked in my paypal account works before, the last time I did it was July 1 2021. But now, I can't send it because I cant click the Send Payment Button because I havent add any Payment Method, because I dont have bank account or credit card or debit card tho. Hays 😞 So there is no really other way to use my funds inside my paypal account right now? Its stuck here? Because I cant send it or make a purchase from online store, both requires linked bank account or credit card. :(((

Login to Me Too

cemarie128
Contributor
Contributor

I've never not had an account attached to paypyal, so I'm not sure. It could be a recent change perhaps. It feels strange that you didn't need one when you created the account, because I remember having to add something when I made my account, but honestly I don't know.

Login to Me Too

WodGaming
Contributor
Contributor

Omg, so I tried sending 1.00 PHP to my friend and it does not require me to link any credit card. But when I try to send my 300 PHP to my friend which is 6$ in equivalent. It requires me to link a bank or credit card. So does this means that paypal no longer allows people to send more than 5$ money to someone? And if its higher than 5$ they will require ppl to link their credit card or bank account? O my god

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.