How to use paypal for physical store payments? NFC?

VeselinB
Contributor
Contributor

I am using PayPal a lot, and you can pay almost everywhere online and get paid or send/receive money from/to friends instantly. I have an active balance, but it's unusable when I want to buy something from a physical store in my country. I first need to transfer the funds to my bank account, lose on fees, wait a few days, etc. I've heard and read about NFC compatibility added to the PayPal app, but I'm unsure if that's true, how it works, and what I need to set up. I'm speaking about stores with POS where you can pay by credit card and 'place' your bank credit card on top of the device for a few seconds and it will contactless charge you the amount. If I'm not mistaken, that should be enough and compatible. My phone also has NFC so it should be fine. Also, if possible, I expect to use my PayPal balance for these NFC payments, not the linked card, because what's the point then? If I have to use the card, I can use the card directly without PayPal. Please let me know if you have more knowledge about this question. I appreciate any help you can provide.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.