How to receive money without linking to US Bank?

Mohamed-A-Omar
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot receive money transferred from LinkedIn after completing a survey, despite they confirmed they did.

Kindly, this money still not received in my account: 

[removed]

> *Order number - [removed]*

> Item - *$5 USD PayPal Transfer* 
LinkedIn Reply.png

PayPal Account.png

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mohamed-A-Omar 

To receive funds in your country you have to confirm your email address and add a visa credit card OR U.S bank account.

If you add a bank account it has to be one opened on U.S soil and not a virtual / digital bank like Payoneer or  Wise.

https://www.paypal.com/eg/cshelp/article/how-do-i-receive-money-through-paypal-HELP667

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mohamed-A-Omar 

To receive funds in your country you have to confirm your email address and add a visa credit card OR U.S bank account.

If you add a bank account it has to be one opened on U.S soil and not a virtual / digital bank like Payoneer or  Wise.

https://www.paypal.com/eg/cshelp/article/how-do-i-receive-money-through-paypal-HELP667

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Mohamed-A-Omar
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot for reply!

I entered my Visa Credit Card, but it is not accepted, need to recheck with the bank.

(1) Kindly, is a debit card also accepted?

(2) Even if the credit card problem is solved, how can I receive the old pending money, or it will appear directly in my account?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mohamed-A-Omar 

Is it a physical card and not a digital / virtual one and have you confirmed it with the 4 digit code?

Does the billing address of the card match your paypal account address?

If you manage to add and confirm a card and the funds are showing as unclaimed on the senders side then it should complete as long as its within 30 days of them sending it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Mohamed-A-Omar
Contributor
Contributor

Is it a physical card and not a digital / virtual one and have you confirmed it with the 4 digit code? Yes

Does the billing address of the card match your PayPal account address? I cannot change the billing address of my account; always faced by "Sorry, something went wrong — let’s try again. "

If you manage to add and confirm a card and the funds are showing as unclaimed on the senders side then it should complete as long as its within 30 days of them sending it.

Awfully, I received this reply on 12/12/2023: "The incentive code shows that it has already been claimed."

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mohamed-A-Omar 

You won't get payments if the billing address of the card match your paypal account address and you have confirmed it with the 4 digit code.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Mohamed-A-Omar
Contributor
Contributor

You mean due to passing 30 days?

I received this reply from "the sender" on 12/12/2023: "The incentive code shows that it has already been claimed."

So, now there is no hope for claiming this money, "even if" I succeeded to enter my credit card information?

Login to Me Too

Mohamed-A-Omar
Contributor
Contributor

visa credit card --> PayPal is not allowed by the National Bank of Egypt

OR U.S bank account --> I do not have a US bank account

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Mohamed-A-Omar 

Thank you for posting your question in the PayPal Help Community!

I am sorry to know that you've run into some issues while adding your card and receiving payments to your account. When someone initiates a payment to your account, you will always receive an email from PayPal about the payment details and after confirming your information, the money will be added to your PayPal balance. If the payment is not claimed by 30 days, the transaction will show as canceled/reversed and the money will return to the sender. If it's been more than 30 days, please get in touch with the sender to re-initiate the payment again to your account. 

There are some banks and cards that are not compatible with PayPal system which includes most online/prepaid bank accounts. You can find the possible reasons and the solutions for the bank and card decline here:

Why can't I link a bank account to my PayPal account?

Why can’t I link my credit or debit card to my PayPal account?

As @kernowlass mentioned, you have to update your billing address to receive the payments. Please try some troubleshooting like clearing your cookies, history, cache, etc. from your browser or using a different browser. If the issue still persists, please contact the team to get this solved.

Thanks for the help here @kernowlass!

Hope this information helps,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Mohamed-A-Omar
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot, As per this link: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-best-bank-to-use-PayPal-in-Egypt Only two banks in Egypt are supported:

I only have a debit card of QNB (i.e., not a Visa credit card), that is not accepted too.

PayPal contact center mainly has pre-prepared answers, and I cannot have any contact for a specific customer service agent for 1 month so far.

In case I succeeded to contact PayPal customer service, and then a visa card is accepted, I will contact back LinkedIn to re-claim the money (as already more than 1 month has passed.)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.