Hold funds

jcconner
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone!

This is something to think about.

I've been a customer/client of PayPal since 8 years ago, that's a long time, and under period of time you get to know your clients pretty well "or least in theory".

Anyways, I sent an invoice to a client of mine for a digital product, and I also allowed partial payments to made on the invoice. I received my first payment from the client the same day I delivered my digital product, but this payment was set to "on hold". My client has verified several times that they have received the digital item, but PayPal does not care about it.  They say, because of security reason they have to hold the funds at least 21 days.

This is the funny part.... The fee that PayPal takes, that amount they take it right away. Then for them holding you cash for such a long period of time obviously generates interest on the money sitting there...

Question is who gets this "Interest money"...PayPal? Plus the fees they already have taken?

They also told me that, this procedure of holding the funds for 21 days they will do every time even do they already have verified the buyer and that they have received they digital products.

How can this be happening? Is there anyone else out there having the same issue? And the only thing they say at the end is that its because of the security, this has nothing to do with the security anymore,  this is a ripoff and nothing else!!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.