HELP How to i set paypal up to notify me for approval before accepting a payment?

camarahobbies
Contributor
Contributor

Someone is sending me 1 dollar then when i try to refund it paypal keeps 4 cent and i can only refund 96 cents. then the person opens a dispute for the remaining 4 cents.
Should i pay 4 cents that i never received?????  should i pay this EXTORTION?
Shouldn't PAYPAL pay them the 4 cents since PAYPAL is the one that took it!!!

How do i setup paypal not to revieve payments untill i have OKed or approved them?
Why is this person dong this??

Why is paypal trying to get 4 cents out of me for their or his error???
I am deaf and cannot call anyone on the phone about it.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@camarahobbies 

Paypal no longer returns the fee you were charged when your buyer paid as part of any refund that you issue.
Paypal processes your buyers original payment and then the refund for you, the fee is for providing that service.

If they are sending you the funds maliciously then report them to paypal.

If you click on legal bottom right of paypal pages > acceptable use policy > there is a link on the word report to report users. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

camarahobbies
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the help. i reported the user and managed to block international payments. I suspect it was some sort of money laundering scheme.
"Paypal no longer returns the fee you were charged when your buyer paid as part of any refund"
I had to close my ebay account last year because of the increased fees and intrusive funding practices.
Now it looks like i wall have to close my Paypal account as well.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.