ENTERED DEBIT CARD NUMBER INSTEAD OF ACCOUNT NUMBER AT THE BACK OF THE CARD

sdgonatice
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Unfortunately, I mistakenly inputted my debit card number instead of my Account Number. Paypal accepted it so I thought I inputted the correct account details. Just after I withdrawn my funds from Paypal to my linked Debit Card (with wrong account number), I opened my BDO Mobile Banking just to check and I saw that my account number only have 12-digit instead of 16.

Question is, can I get my funds back? I tried calling the bank provider but their line is always busy. Will my funds bounce back to my Paypal because of the wrong details inputted?

Your response would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_JonK

Hello @sdgonatice,

Welcome! Thanks for joining the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues with a recent transfer out of PayPal. If your bank accepts the transfer, you'll need to work with them to receive the funds. If the bank rejects the transfer, it will normally bounce back to PayPal with 7-10 business days. 

My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

sdgonatice
Contributor
Contributor
Good day! The transaction was declined because of the incorrect details. Hence, my money was already returned yesterday minus the fee. Thank you for your response!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.