Do i get my Paypal fees back after refunding a suspected fruadulent transaction..?

Thehydrobros
Contributor
Contributor

A buyer made a purchase through our website and paid via Paypal; paypal took their cut of circa £290 (order was around 10K).

However we felt it might have been fraudulent (we'd been stung before by paypal chargebacks) and therefore asked him to instead pay by bank transfer / or pay cash. In doing so, we refunded his 10K via paypal...however, we're now obviously £290 down.

Can we claim this £290 fee back???

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Thehydrobros 

Sadly not, Paypal no longer returns the fee you were charged when your buyer paid as part of any refund that you issue.
Paypal processes your buyers original payment and then the refund for you, the fee is for providing that service.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Thehydrobros 

Sadly not, Paypal no longer returns the fee you were charged when your buyer paid as part of any refund that you issue.
Paypal processes your buyers original payment and then the refund for you, the fee is for providing that service.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.