Customer claims my refund messed up their account

paladinesdragon
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know if this is the correct board so please let me know if I need to move it.

I had a customer that I refunded money to because they sent it via the wrong payment method. The customer is now claiming that they can't access any money from their PayPal account because of the refund and for that reason they aren't able to pay me on time.

According to my records the refund went through and I don't see anything else that is needed by PayPal on my end. Is it possible that refund is the reason the customer can't access their money in PayPal? I'm skeptical of the customer's claims.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@paladinesdragon 

May be pending on their paypal account if they funded the payment to you via a bank account as  PayPal credit the recipient (you) on the buyers behalf when they pay (so there is no delay in despatching their item). Then if you issue a refund in the meantime Paypal are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

paladinesdragon
Contributor
Contributor

The original bank transfer was on April 12, 2021. The refund was on April 16, 2021.

Would it take the original bank transfer almost 3 months to process?

Would that refund prevent the customer from using their PayPal account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.