Cancel Recurring Payment

klmgraphics
Contributor
Contributor

Something so simple has been a constant frustration in PayPal! Why is it that PayPal finds it necessary to hide where Recurring Payments are? Even more frustrating is when trying to search for help on this all I find are outdated posts that are no longer viable since it also seems to necessary for PayPal to constantly rearrange everything! So can someone please tell me where I find my recurring payments dashboard so I can cancel a subscription I no longer need and PLEASE dont tell me to login and click Settings at the top because THAT DOES NOT EXIST! 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

klmgraphics
Contributor
Contributor

So after an hour of hunting and pecking I finally figured it out and wanted to share the REAL way to find this for anyone suffering from PayPal's ignorance!

1. At the top right click your name and then click Account Settings
  2. Go down the menu on the left and click Money, banks and cards
  3. Down the list on the bottom click the Set Automatic Payments button next to where it says Automatic Payments

This direct link may or may not work, I am not sure but after you login click this link and see if it takes you to where you want to go.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=%5fmanage%2dpaylist

There you will find the hidden My preapproved payments that PayPal in their not so infinite wisdom saw fit to hide in the most convoluted BS menu tree they could and then not even bother to create or update their help system, which I might add is no help at all 90% of the time!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11
Solved

klmgraphics
Contributor
Contributor

So after an hour of hunting and pecking I finally figured it out and wanted to share the REAL way to find this for anyone suffering from PayPal's ignorance!

1. At the top right click your name and then click Account Settings
  2. Go down the menu on the left and click Money, banks and cards
  3. Down the list on the bottom click the Set Automatic Payments button next to where it says Automatic Payments

This direct link may or may not work, I am not sure but after you login click this link and see if it takes you to where you want to go.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=%5fmanage%2dpaylist

There you will find the hidden My preapproved payments that PayPal in their not so infinite wisdom saw fit to hide in the most convoluted BS menu tree they could and then not even bother to create or update their help system, which I might add is no help at all 90% of the time!

Login to Me Too

EmmEff
Contributor
Contributor

I hope that this problem has been or will be solved.

I am tired of spending time and effort fighting the evil people who attempt to separate me from my money by creating traps.

Login to Me Too

Robbie233
New Community Member

It is pretty disgusting that after this simple explanation of a gross defect in its system, PayPal has done NOTHING to fix it.  This problem leads to people getting RIPPED OFF when merchants fail to make clear or provide advice on recurring payments.

The only way I have been able to cancel recurring payments is to go to the PayPal Help page, type in cancel recurring payments, and then click on a link that is in the help advice. EXTREMELY COMPLICATED AND FRUSTRATING FOR A CORE BUSINESS TASK.  Not good enough PayPal.

Login to Me Too

yuansher
New Community Member

OMG. Thank you. That has cost me sooo much and I couldn't for the life of me figure it out. Now I have to go and get some refunds! Thanks so much!

Login to Me Too

Scottishsponger
New Community Member
Thanks so much for posting this solution. It’s absolutely maddening that PayPal make this, and many other simple things, so f-big difficult. It’s clearly intentional as massive tech companies like them don’t do anything by accident. So glad you shared how to do this and the link you posted still works. I wouldn’t have be able to find the page otherwise! Thanks
Login to Me Too

newdayve
New Community Member

Bless you my son! (Or daughter, as the case may be!)

Login to Me Too

bluelobe
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal needs to put a link to "Recurring Payments" front and center at the menu. This leads to loss of money for the customer. It shouldn't be hidden unless Paypal considers themselves in cahoots with the unscrupulous who try to steal your money.

Login to Me Too

klmgraphics
Contributor
Contributor

Agree, there should be a direct link on the charge that would take you to this. O wait a minute, it used to be there but they decided it was no longer important!

Login to Me Too

Rhondam19128
Contributor
Contributor

@klmgraphics Thanks for helping me find this!

Unfortunately it lists all authorized payees without a filter to recurring payments. This is maddening!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.