Can't pay with PayPal balance

tutorgrrl
Contributor
Contributor

I'm from Canada but I have US funds on my business PayPal balance and the US online retail company (Everlan) allows PayPal at checkout. However, when I go to select PayPal as my method of payment, PayPal only allows me to select either my bank account or credit card as payments but not my balance. And yes, I have changed my preferred payment to be my balance first for online shopping. Does anyone know why it's not letting me select my balance to pay?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

tutorgrrl
Contributor
Contributor

But my credit card has enough on the limit to pay for it and I don't want to use my credit card because of the exchange rate. And I have enough USD on my PayPal balance to cover the cost. So I don't know why it's not letting me select my PayPal balance.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tutorgrrl

Have you marked USD as your primary currency for that transaction?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tutorgrrl
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I changed it to USD as the primary currency.

Login to Me Too

FrozenSystem
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not 100% sure but a solution that's possible is that if your card is out of money, it will still work but pay with balance. (I don't know what happens if your card is with money because I haven't tried) but yes I know that it charges your balance if you don't have money in your card.

Login to Me Too
Solved

tutorgrrl
Contributor
Contributor

But my credit card has enough on the limit to pay for it and I don't want to use my credit card because of the exchange rate. And I have enough USD on my PayPal balance to cover the cost. So I don't know why it's not letting me select my PayPal balance.

Login to Me Too

Magic7
Contributor
Contributor

I don't see any solution here ... So, how can I use my balance instead of my CC ?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Magic7

Paypal is 'country specific' so advice often depends on what country you are in. As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Magic7
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Hi! Thank you for your answer but I don't made any change in my account but suddenly I don't have balance option, only with my CC .... I have almost 1K in balance ... So I don't understand why ... My paypal account is registered in USA and I want to pay to another USA account ... so I don't understand what's happen 😕

Login to Me Too

tutorgrrl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

If you read below the reply that I picked as the solution, I mentioned that once I chose the credit card option, it said it would take the money from my balance first and then the credit card. And that's exactly what happened when checking my PayPal payments. 

Login to Me Too

Magic7
Contributor
Contributor

@tutorgrrl

Well .. in my case I only have my CC listed to pay then the Paypal credit options and the Pay now button ...

Before ... There was above my CC option an option to select : Pay with your paypal balance.

In "My money" configuration the paypal balance is my first choice!

Why the "Paypal Balance" Option doesn't appear like before ?

If I click on the "Pay now" button it will charge my CC 😕

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.