Can I transfer funds from relative’s bank account to my PayPal balance?

sapsfar0chy7u
New Community Member

Hello all,

A relative of mine( who lives in another country) and I have been trying to set up the following: he transfers funds from his bank account directly to my PayPal balance through my personal account VIBAN (Virtual IBAN) which I got from customer support. 
Said relative does not have a PayPal account and does not want to get one. My PayPal account is in Austria. 
Is there any way for them to send the funds to my PayPal balance from their bank account? Would there be transfer fees for that? I am worried it might not go through as the name on his account is obviously not the same as mine, the owner of the PayPal acc.

i would appreciate any feedback and help.

thank you in advance 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @sapsfar0chy7u

Thanks for reaching out and asking your question on the PayPal Community Forum; welcome! 

I understand you'd like to receive money from someone who doesn't have a PayPal account. It sounds like you wanted to have them direct deposit money from their bank account to your account, and I apologize, but this isn't a feature available in Austria. I suggest sending them a money request or invoice. Even if they don't have a PayPal account, they might be able to pay the money request or invoice as a guest, which wouldn't require them to have an account. If they don't see the option to make the payment without logging into an account, then you may need to look into other options for the transfer if they don't wish or are unable to create an account. 

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.