Can I send a money request to someone who doesn't have a paypal account? If yes, how do they pay?

mellody71
New Community Member

Can I send a money request to someone who doesn't have a paypal account? If yes, how do they pay? My mother in law wants to buy a campervan but doesn't have paypal. I thought as a way around this I could send her a request and then pay the merchant via my account. I don't have the funds to cover the purchase myself. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @mellody71,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm glad you reached out on our forums about this - there's a few things I can recommend here. First, I would never recommend buying a vehicle sight unseen. While there are plenty legitimate merchants selling vehicles who accept PayPal, you may want to review this Help Center article first: What are common scams and how do I spot them?

Also, while you can send a money request to someone's email address so they can Pay as a Guest, I'd normally recommend having who ever is going to make the purchase pay for the item directly. That way, just in case anything goes south with the purchase, they can handle it through their PayPal account and our Customer Support can work with them directly. 

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.