Bogus traders

scottyshe1957
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to get help from paypal

My problem is I bought shoes on f/b and want to return them,

I contacted the trader asking for return address and they responded with of is there a problem

yes too small told them oh they are what you ordered,yes but don't fit 

okay someone else got back to me saying can I send them the code on the packaging which I did

then was offered £3 refund and to keep the shoes no told them then They offered me £6

to which I kept asking for the return address to no avail I have around 6 e mails kept in my folder in outlook and 

filled out the form to paypal for the dispute then they asked to send the e mails to them? how in the heck do I do that

the time I tried I gave up and went back to paypal page and everything is gone,I had to sign in yet again asked to speak to someone about a dispute they told me to fill out the forms (again) grrrrrr anyways these so called traders are fobbing me off I want my money back,What's the point of using paypal if they wont help ...I need help please anyone....they wont give me returns address.....thanks folks 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@scottyshe1957 

Sorry what do you mean filled out the form for a paypal dispute?

If you want to dispute then click on the transaction and open a dispute for 'item received but not as described'.

Then once you have tried to resolve things with the seller which it sounds as if you can't then ESCALATE the dispute to a claim.

That is when paypal get involved. HOWEVER Paypal does not get involved in quality issues and the item has to be 'significantly' not as described which yours may not be.

So you may or may not win, if you do win then Paypal will provide a return address. You would need to send the item back (trackable to prove delivery and at your own expense) before getting a refund of the original payment.

Paypal does not give you 100% protection so you have to read up on it and then risk assess your sellers.

Hopefully you didn't buy tat from a seller in China from Social Media???    

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

scottyshe1957
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for replying to my query,

I could not find a box to tick to explain my situation I know paypal does not get involved with ill fitting items.

My question was I am trying to get a refund as the people who sold me the shoes will NOT give my a return address to sent the shoes back,I have 6 e mails with me asking them to send me the address and they constantly come up with oh I will ask my supervisor,or we will give you said amount of money a pittence to keep the shoes and sell them on,I answered yet again no I wouldl ike them to be returned and I need the address,to which they replied to me oh we give you £4  you keep the shoes,I am willing to send them back but as I have said through 6 e mails back and forth they refuse to give me the returns address.All I want is to return the items as is my right and get a refund the excuses are beyound belief ,it will cost you a lot of money to return among other excuses so I told them you have a further 7 days to send me the address or further action will be taken 

Thanks again

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hi everyone! Thank you for visiting PayPal's Community Forum. Thank you @kernowlass for your help on this thread so far! We really appreciate your time. 

@scottyshe1957, welcome back! I'm sorry to hear a recent transaction didn't go quite as you had expected. I can understand it must be a bit frustrating trying to get a return address and not getting the reply you wish. You can try to open a Signficantly not as Described dispute on this transaction, however like you said, poorly fit items aren't exactly covered under our Purchase Protection. However, if the seller agrees to a refund through the dispute / claim process, they will provide us a return address to give to you. 

I hope your case goes as you expect!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.