Apple refunded me; paypal isnt showing it

plssshelpmee
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. Apple refunded me $47.99 that they charged me on March 21 for an app i cancelled and they have said they have sent the funds back to paypal. Yet the money doesnt show on my paypal account. I've also changed debit cards since March 21 to stop other payments. Would this have something to do with it? Will i ever my money thats been refunded? Please help! 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Mejoare
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @plssshelpmee ,

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

When a merchant issues a refund, it will automatically be refunded back to the same funding source where it was originally taken out of. Does it show on the transaction that it was already refunded? Here is the timeframe for refunds.

f you paid with your:

• Credit card (including PayPal Credit): your refund will go to your credit card. It may take up to 30 days for the refund amount to appear on your card statement. If the card was canceled or you paid with a prepaid card, contact the card issuer to access your refund. The money will still be sent to this card account.
  • Bank account: your refund will initially go back to the PayPal balance before being auto swept back to the original funding source (bank). It may take up to 5 business days for the refund amount to appear on your bank account. If a refund is issued shortly after you paid, we'll try to cancel the transaction so you're never charged. If we're unable to cancel the transaction, the refund will be processed and sent to your bank account.
  • Debit card: your refund will go to your debit card. It may take up to 30 days for the refund amount to appear on your card statement. If the refund can't be applied to your debit card, it'll be sent to your PayPal account.  

If the card you have used to make the transaction is already closed, you might need to check with the card issuer on how it would work. 

Hope this helps! Stay safe.

Login to Me Too

plssshelpmee
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Ive just contacted my bank, they said that payment was originally taken out by PayPal using bsb and account # and theyre saying to contact PayPal to trace the refund. Ive tried calling for weeks now but I can't get through to anyone, its been 5+ weeks since this payment was taken out of my account and still no sign of the refund even though it was authorised to return back to me on March 23. So I'm terribly dissatisfied with PayPal. We're in a pandemic and I'm missing $48 that was refunded over a month ago. 

Your assistance will be much appreciated. 

Login to Me Too

Wirelessroamer
Contributor
Contributor

I have just posted a similar issue which I have.

I sent evidence of the Apple repayment and a transcript of the conversation with the vendor but Paypal refuse to accept they got the money.

The Source credit card is still on my paypal account.

Login to Me Too

Wirelessroamer
Contributor
Contributor

I'm still waiting for mine which was refunded by Apple on 25th Nov 2020

I copied screenshots of the Apple Refund and thr transactins with the App vendor.

Paypal still havent refunded.

Login to Me Too

Temp20211002ar
Contributor
Contributor
I have a similar issue but I used PayPal credit by synchrony bank and they’re not giving my my money back. Apple refund on 5-27-21 and PayPal Credit is unable to do anything saying I need to work with the banking institution… I used PayPal credit, so they transfer me to synchrony bank who tells me they’ll investigate. I have proof of refund by Apple and still PayPal credit or synchrony keeps my money…. No one at PayPal credit customer service knows what to do. About to be a small claims issue and not sure if I sue Paypal Credit or Synchrony 😅 maybe both?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.