Accidentally donated money, how to get refund?

Yeziyas
New Community Member

I tried donating to a cause via PayPal, but it didn’t seem to work. So I tried about 10 times and every time it said I had to choose a debit card even though mine was already linked to PayPal. I just clicked away the website I was using (Facebook) and gave up. When I looked in my PayPal app a few minutes later, the payment I tried to do was given 4 times! It’s a lot of money that I don’t have. I’ve already cancelled it but I’m not 100% sure if everything is handled now and the money won’t be charged from my bank account. Anyone who can easy my mind with this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Yeziyas,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community as a new member! I'm sorry that there was an issue making a payment that resulted in multiple charges. I'm glad you were able to cancel the payments. Cancellation would likely not stop the funding from being drafted from your bank, but the funds would be returned to the payment source after the initial transfer.

I hope this is resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.