AMEX Personal Payment - Attract A Fee In UK?

RoyalSilk
Contributor
Contributor

If I want to send money to my son using AMEX, with no cross-border transactions, does this attract a fee if I use AMEX?  The schedule of fees is unclear on this specific point.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RoyalSilk 

Anytime you use a card to fund a personal payment, there's a fee and there may be a cash advance fees/interest charged by AMEX (or credit cards). Hmm, although I don't see wording that says that in the UK paying with card incurs any PayPal fees (however, if there is a fee for a Personal Transaction payment, it will be displayed upon making the relevant payment.) but definitely be prepared for the possibility cards may charge cash advance fees and interest.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

RoyalSilk
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @sharpiemarker for this very useful reply.  In fact as I went through the transaction, AMEX confirms there is 'no fee' on the screen.  I phoned AMEX however about the cash advance bit.   After five minutes they came back to say they wouldn't be able to tell me if there was a fee or not until I made it.  So I have made a small transaction to see what happens.......

Login to Me Too

Joepark75
New Community Member
Hello, out of interest did it charge you the fee for sending it friends and family?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Joepark75,

Welcome! You may be charged a fee for funding the payment with your debit or credit card when sending a transaction as Friends and Family. You can read more about our Fees here.

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.