42+ days after withdrawal, money are still not in a bank

hoxley
Contributor
Contributor

as every month for years, at 20th September the money were sent from Paypal to the same bank. It's 1st November, money still not received. Support gives generic answers not much better than bots. They don't even have a clue Paypal uses local 3rd party bank to distribute withdrawal money to my bank (probably to save on bank fees). 22th September the eBay refund through Paypal appeared in my bank, so there is no problem with my bank. It's already unacceptable waiting time, what should I do?

Do they expect me to use the Paypal again, if they can lose the money this easy, and not find em' yet over the month? Somebody is playing with a fire, content marketplaces etc. are already offering bank transfers, and I found Skrill service, that covers my other money transfer needs. Used for first time last month, withdrawal was next day in my bank, plus nice app. Who will pay Paypal fees then, once content creators, a big percent of users, will realize at same time, they can actually transfer the money without feeding the Paypal. It just needs this little push like withdrawal issues and nonexistent support, to look at other payment methods you usually set once and forget at places you are earning from. You might be surprised other payment methods appeared there meanwhile.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hoxley 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a private direct message via Social Media on Facebook, Twitter/X, or Instagram pages.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

hoxley
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass  ai bot? I contacted Paypal rightaway 5th day and many times since, even sent them bank statement with all credit transactions within timespan. At first, nobody cared until 14 work days, refusing to start a trace. October 4th trace finally started, now it's a month since trace and I have no results. This is last reply, already week ago, from last one of about 7 supporters I was dealing with:

"Rest assured that within 5 to 7 up to 14 business days the money will show up on your bank account, the delay is coming from your bank side we are still waiting for their update on the system to be done, I can assure you that from your side everything is clear and works fine.
Kindly check your transaction details and you will see that transaction is already completed."

so basically...seems buying a new time, and according the comment above a bonus tale about bank. Anyway, what that last sentence is implying? The transaction is completed since September.
If the money have been re-sent, it would be already in bank if everything works, as it was usually up to 48h.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hoxley 

So what do you expect me to do? Find your money???

All I can do is give you all the ways to contact customer services as they are the only folks that can help trace your funds.

Sorry I gave up my time to try and help you. I had no way of knowing if you had contacted customer services or not, telepathy not being one of my skills. So you're welcome. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

eveningsailor
Contributor
Contributor

It´s just nothing but calling for help. We know you have no ability to find our funds of this " technical fail" as forum advisor. But there seems to be no real solution written to such cases as I´ve been trying to research earlier. It´s growing into very major problem that should be solved with more urgency. Actually Hoxley is the one who is missing funds for the longest time as I´ve noticed so I understand his despair.. and it does not show a lot hope to others either.

do you have experience how long  approximately this might take?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eveningsailor 

Thank you for your polite post unlike others.

No sorry no idea of time, it appears to only affect folks in the Czech Republic.

All I can advise is to keep contacting customer services for updates as per my first post giving you contact information. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Bingotwilight
Contributor
Contributor

Bad form Kernowlass, dozens likely 100s of people are missing their money. Most of us are waking up to what has happened. Paypal transfered money omitting numbers from the bank account that they have on file. For me it was KB bank. It seems lots of us are in the Czech Republic. You can see this from the threads. PayPal, I am 100% positive, knows this and is keeping quiet about it because they know it was a big mistake and there are hundreds of transaction gone awry and a lot of money just rotting in their account. You slapping a cut and paste talking about 3-5 days when this is clearly not the case, its weeks and weeks, puts a tarnish on your title Esteemed Advisor. There is a lot of money missing, entire salaries of people, we need action and pressure applied to paypal not to customer service agents who are helplessly left to provide cover for the real culprits. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bingotwilight 

So my giving up my time to respond to a post to give all the options to contact customer services to find out what is happening is bad? Then being accused of being a 'bot' for doing so is fine?

Err ok, maybe you post a solution to the problem then? Your guess is as good as mine, however paypal have now given a response on what is happening.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

hoxley
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass  I'm on official forum and sharing my issue here as support leaded nowhere so far, so Paypal starts to address it, and to find users with same problem to share news with, and gather more information, than support chat gives to individuals. What I expect from you.. well, depends what is your role, if you work for Paypal, then I'd expect you to report or urge the issues that occur to more users, or/and give us official statement from Paypal regarding the issue. Otherwise not really expected anything from anyone, though maybe expected brief reading of the post, before just replying contact support info, to not look like reddit AI. Link to other thread regarding this issue would easy earn you kudo for example 🙂

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hoxley 

This is a 'user to user' advice and help forum. I posted to give you the information on how to contact customer services as they are the only ones that can trace your funds. Instead of a thank you which most polite folks would do, you chose to name call and be rude.

No problem I have added you to my list to not respond in the future if you should post requiring help again.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.